Have you ever dreamed of going to a job that you love? One that
includes working in a place where contributing to the client’s
effectiveness, work-life balance, and quality performance are our
hallmarks; a place where a collaborative environment will challenge
you? Well, you need to look no further - COE is an award-winning
workplace with a balanced focus on client, employee, and company. We
offer benefits that exceed others and a flexible environment focused
on your success.
So, if you are someone who focuses on high quality performance,
relishes in achieving meaningful and measurable outcomes for clients,
loves to perform with passion, and appreciates support and
recognition, then COE is the right place - we are ready to invest in you!
We are seeking a Change Management Consultant who will focus on the
people side of change - including changes to business processes,
systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The
primary focus will be creating and implementing change management
plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
The Change Management Consultant will act as a coach for senior
leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change
sponsor. This position will also support project teams in integrating
change management activities into their project plans. They will
provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and
supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
The primary worksite location for this position will be our
headquarters office in Rockville, MD. Due to COVID-19, the
position is temporarily a remote assignment.
Your role will initially include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for
the people side of change caused by projects and change efforts.
- Develop change management strategies based on a situational
awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted
by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of
resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present
findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans -
including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan,
training plan and resistance management plan.
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and
- Be an active and visible coach to executive leaders who are change sponsors.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption,
utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and
implement corrective actions
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities
into the overall project plan.
- Work with communication, training, HR and OD specialists in the
formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
- Develop communications plans, strategies, and messaging to support