Have you ever dreamed of going to a job that you love? Well, you need
to look no further - COE is an award-winning workplace with a balanced
focus on client, employee, and company. We offer competitive benefits
and a flexible environment focused on your success. We encourage all
interested candidates to apply! It’s time to see if COE is the right
place for the next step in your career - we are ready to invest in you!
As an EEO employer, COE celebrates diversity and is committed to
creating an inclusive environment of equitability where equal
opportunities are available to all applicants and COE employees.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About the Role
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated Program Managers at the
mid and senior levels. The Project Manager is integral to COE’s
success as they tremendously influence the success of the delivery of
services to clients and meet the objectives of COE. They are fully
responsible to ensure we perform to the highest standard, get the most
out of our staff, retention is high, client satisfaction is 100%, and
COE requirements are met.
The role requires individuals who are fully aligned and
committed to COE and the way COE requires project management to
take place. Project Managers may, or may not, also be a supervisor.
This is primarily a telework assignment, with occasional travel to
our HQ in Rockville, MD and to local client sites within the
Washington DC/Metro area.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Be fully trained in project management and perform consistent with
COE’s Project Success Guidance and Policy.
- Ensure project outcomes are measured and achieved and high-quality
performance and deliverables produced. Manage to achieve solutions
that improve organizational performance or transform client
organizations. Ensure best and innovative practices are applied.
- Ensure all project staff and partners possess and exhibit the
characteristics of trusted advisors.
- Develop and maintain effective and trusting relationships with
client leaders and staff.
- Lead projects of various sizes involving policy, methods,
technologies, staff, partner companies, travel, and client staff.
- Manage quality control, risk management, schedules, resources,
documentation/data control, and security. Must follow COE’s 4
Quadrants of Quality and train team members in its use.
- Manage and meet COE values and financial objectives.
- Develop and lead presentations within client organizations, and to
COE management and leadership. Represent COE in all contacts.
Develop strong relationships within and across the client
organization. Act as they central communicator of the project and
solutions. Persuade client leaders, stakeholders and others.
- Guide team in documenting project process, methodologies, and
conducting capture research. Work with Subject Matter Experts to
ensure the correct and most robust solutions for the client.
- Inspire and train employees consistent with COE values, culture,
policy, and procedures. This should be performed commensurate with
the requirements for managing a well-educated and professional staff
within the management consulting profession.
- Approve time sheets, expense reports, PTO, and other similar requirements.
- Orient and onboard new employees and ensure they are fully
inculcated with the norms of COE and project requirements. Support
hiring, proposals, and related activities.
- Ensure employees are fully engaged to ensure successful projects
and measurable outcomes.
- Develop and cross train employees in critical areas consistent
with COE requirements. Ensure employees actively receive coaching
and mentoring as necessary.
- As warranted, honor exemplary staff or their commendable action by
advocating for them and provide awards and recognitions. Celebrate
personal and team accomplishments and successes. Appreciate and
recognize the expertise each staff member brings along with the
ability to contribute to our success.
- Implement COE’s performance management process and policy, and
ensure all employees perform consistent with COE expectations.
- Protect the business and reputation of COE by taking immediate,
clear, and documented action on employees who are not performing as
required. Supervisor must conduct this under the direction of the
next level management and with HR guidance.
- Document all performance or employment actions and discussions
with each employee and provide it to HR. Where employment action is
necessary (promotion, demotion, performance improvement plan,
termination, etc.), the supervisor shall perform with the support of
HR and in collaboration with the next level management.
- Assist in planning future staffing levels and requirements. Write
and obtain approval for position descriptions and hiring actions.
- Participate in conflict resolution activity as required for
employees reporting to you.